If the webcam is failing the equipment test or if you cannot see yourself, close any other programs that may be using your webcam like Skype, etc. Additionally, ensure you are in a room with good lighting.
Follow these steps to check your webcam settings:
1. Press and hold the Windows key and R key on your keyboard at the same time.
2. In the box that opens, type devmgmt.msc and select OK.
3. In the window that opens, double-click on Imaging Devices.
4. Right-click on your camera and select Disable.
Please note: If a camera option does not appear, your computer does not have a webcam installed.
5. In the window that opens, select Yes.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Follow steps 1-3 again to access your webcam in Imaging devices.
8. Right-click on your camera and select Enable. Then take another practice question.
9. If the webcam issues continue, restart your computer and take another practice question.
If the above steps do not resolve your issue, we recommend switching to another internet browser like Google Chrome or Firefox. You can also use a different device for the interview. Click the following link to view our guide about supported devices: Devices you can use to take the interview.