If you do not hear yourself when reviewing a practice question you recorded, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
Please note: If your interview is a dial-in Live interview, your microphone will not be tested. If you see a US LOCAL, TOLL FREE, and an INTERNATIONAL option for phone numbers, your interview is dial-in.
1. Click on your Apple menu in the top-left corner and select System Preferences.
2. Double-click the Sound icon.
3. Select the Output tab to see your list of Speakers and Headsets.
4. Select the speaker you want to use. Internal speakers are most often used.
5. In Output volume, move the slider to the far right. The box next to Mute should not be checked.
6. After you have followed the steps above, take another practice question.
7. If the audio issues continue, restart your computer and take another practice question.
If restarting your computer doesn't resolve the issue, we recommend using a different device to take the interview. Click the following link to view our guide about supported devices: Devices you can use to take the interview.