1. To take the interview or do practice questions, select the option to start the interview in your invitation email.
Please Note: Interviews will no longer be able to be completed on Internet Explorer due to Flash no longer being supported. Interviews will need to be completed on Chrome, the HireVue App for Candidates, or other supported browser like Firefox or Safari.
2. The first page of the interview will list your name, the position title, the company you applied to, the estimated length of time the interview will take, and the required equipment. To continue, you will need to select Start Interview or Practice.
3. The next page will list the Terms and Conditions. To continue, you must select the option I agree. If you disagree with these terms and conditions, you can reach out to the company you applied to.
4. You will now be on the Camera and Microphone Access page. Click Allow then Close in the small Flash Player dialog box. In the screenshot below, these sections are outlined in red.
Please note: If you are using the browsers, Google Chrome or Firefox, to take the interview, you will not see this screen.
5. On the next page, your equipment will be tested. If a piece of equipment fails, you will be notified here and need to troubleshoot the issue.
Once all the required equipment passes the page will appear like the screenshot below:
6. Your image and a microphone meter will appear next. At this point, you should see your image, and the mic meter should move while you talk. If you do not see yourself, or see the mic meter moving with a blue color in it, then you will need to adjust either your microphone or webcam settings before you continue.
Once your equipment is ready, we recommend selecting Try a practice question to practice before starting your interview.
7. The next step tells you how many attempts you will have to answer each question. In this example, there is only one attempt allowed per question. This option can vary depending on how the company you applied to has set up the interview. Click Continue to proceed to the practice questions.
8. Next you will see an outlined explanation for the practice questions. When you start a practice or real interview question, you will see the question listed to the left. The prep time will count down. You can choose Start Recording to begin early or wait until the prep time has finished. Once the prep time has finished, you will see a 3, 2, 1 to countdown to when the question begins recording.
Please note: During the prep time, you will see the disclaimer, Not Recording.
9. During the Video Response, your answer is recorded, and the Response time will countdown. You are not required to use the full response time; you can click Done Answering when you have completed your answer. Otherwise, your recording will automatically submit after the allotted Response time has run out.
10. You can then watch your practice question. If you want another practice question, select Do another practice question.
Take as many practice questions as you need. Practice questions are recorded so you can watch them, but they will not be saved. No one but you will see your practice questions. You will be unable to review your real interview questions.
Please note: If you want to practice today and start the interview another day, you can continue doing practice questions and then close the page to exit out of your interview. To access the interview again, you can follow the link in your invitation email like you did initially.
11. When you are ready to take the interview, select Start the Interview.
12. Once you complete your interview, it will be uploaded to the company's account in HireVue. They will then reach out to you about their next steps in the hiring process. Since HireVue only provides support for the interviewing platform,, we are not involved in the hiring decision or the next steps. Please reach out to the company you applied to with any questions you have about the position once you have completed your video interview.