You’ve made it into your Live interview platform. Great work!
Still working on getting there? Check out this article. If your screen doesn’t look like the screenshots below, check out this article.
Now, to get familiar with the ins and outs of Live interview interface:
1. At the very top, in the center of your screen, you should see this bar with four buttons
These are the controls for your interview experience. You may have to hover your mouse over/around the top of your screen for these to appear for you.
This is the ‘Screenshare’ button and will allow you to share your screen with your interviewer during your Live interview.
This is your ‘Mute’ button. If your interviewer is having trouble hearing you, double-check that this button hasn’t been clicked. The button will appear red with a line through it when your microphone is actually muted.
This is your ‘Camera’ button. This option allows you to turn your camera off during the interview.
This is the ‘Settings’ button. This will allow you to check the microphone, speakers, and camera your device is using during the interview in case you need to change sources during the interview.
2. Now, let’s move on to the right side of your screen. It should look something like this:
At the top, you will see the details of your interview including:
- The company you are applying through
- The position you are applying for
- The date and time of your interview
- The duration scheduled for your interview
Below, you will find the option for Chat.
This will be a place for you to message your interviewer directly if there’s any reason you may need to message them during the interview (sending a link, if audio cuts out, etc.).
3. Finally, if you run into any trouble during your interview, get in touch with our 24/7 Support team by clicking on the blue question mark in the top right corner of your screen.
You are now a Live interview master! You should be all set to crush your interview, and we wish you the best of luck!
As we mentioned above, our support team is available 24/7 for any questions or concerns you may have.