Look at the camera, not at the screen:
- Looking at your webcam while speaking gives the feeling of eye contact to the person on the other end.
Be aware of your lighting, positioning, and background:
- Pay close attention to how you look during setup.
- Ideally, place a source of light in front of you, and avoid sources of bright light (i.e. windows) directly behind you, as this can make it hard to see your face.
What to wear:
- We recommend that you wear exactly what you would for a traditional face-to-face interview.
Log in early:
- Log in early to run HireVue's system setup.
- This will check your camera, connection and microphone to let you know if there is a problem with any of your equipment.
- If it passes, you can close your browser and come back later to finish the interview when you are ready.
Do the practice questions:
- Taking the practice questions will help you get comfortable with the style and timing of an On Demand interview.
- These are not your real interview questions, and they will not be seen by the company.
- Interviewing can be nerve-wracking. Doing an On Demand interview lets you take the interview in your own space at your own time.
- Get comfortable and be confident in yourself.
What if I lose the connection during the interview:
- Don't panic. Close your web browser, re-open it, go back to your interview invitation and start it again.
- You will be returned to your last unanswered question.
- If you lose connection during a question, there is a chance that when you continue your interview that answer will already be submitted. If this happens, it will be best to complete the interview and notify the company you’re applying for about your connection failure.