To take the video interview, you will need a supported device with a functional webcam and microphone, and an internet connection. Many computers have a built-in webcam and microphone; you can also use an external webcam and microphone.
You can use any of these devices to take the interview:
- Computer running Windows 7, or Windows 10+
- Apple computer running OS X 10.11 or higher
- Android smartphone or tablet version 5.0, or higher, with a front-facing camera
- Apple smartphone (iPhone) or tablet (iPad) iOS version 10, or higher, with a front-facing camera
The following browsers and browser versions are supported on HireVue:
- Latest version of Google Chrome (preferred browser)
- Latest version of Firefox
- Safari version 10, or higher
- Internet Explorer version 11 is only supported for Live interviews (not for On Demand interviews)
- Latest version of Microsoft Edge is only supported for On Demand interviews (not for Live interviews)
The following connection speeds are compatible with On Demand and Live interviews:
- On Demand interviews: For computer, Android smartphone or tablet, and Apple smartphone (iPhone) or tablet (iPad), minimum speeds are 100 kbps and recommended speeds 350 kbps.
- Live interviews: For Live interviews, required speeds are 300kbps and recommended speeds are 500kbps.
- HireVue Connection Test: To test your connection for Live interviews, use the following links if you're located in the US or internationally (outside of the US).
- US https://app.hirevue.com/info/connectiontest
- International (outside of the US) https://eu.hirevue.com/info/connectiontest/
Please note: If the connection test fails, please try restarting your router by unplugging it, waiting 30 seconds, and then plugging it in again. If the issue persists, try using a different internet browser. Lastly, please try using a different internet connection.