Use a compatible device:
- You can use an Android or Apple smartphone or tablet with a front-facing camera. (Must download the HireVue for Candidates application from App Store or Google Play Store)
- Windows computers running Windows 7 or higher with a webcam and microphone.
- Apple computer with a webcam and microphone.
- Most computers have a built-in webcam and microphone or you can use an external webcam and microphone.
Please note: HireVue works best with the browser Google Chrome.
Dial-in Live interview:
- Dial-in Live interviews require both a computer, for the video portion, and a phone, to call in for the audio portion of the interview.
- You will not be able to use an Android or Apple smartphone or tablet for this type of interview.
Test your system before interviewing:
- Use the link provided in your email invitation to test your connection and equipment before your interview.
- Login 15-20 minutes early for the interview.
- This will give you time to make sure your equipment is working.
- Just like an in-person interview, being early leaves a good impression.
Distraction free environment:
- Keep in mind that everything your webcam sees, and your microphone hears, in the background is recorded.
- A quiet, distraction free area helps you give the best impression possible.
- Interviewing can be nerve-wracking. Doing a video interview lets you take the interview in your own space.
- Get comfortable and be confident in yourself.