Practice questions are available for OnDemand Interviews only, which are un-scheduled interviews you record through HireVue on your own time. Check out a step-by-step practice question walkthrough below, or our practice question FAQ article here.
To practice for the interview, you will use the link to your interview. You can access practice questions by clicking the link from your invitation email and following the prompts until presented with the option to 'Try a Practice Question'. This should not start your interview. For more details, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
1. In your email invitation, select the option 'Practice or Interview'. The option may be worded differently as it can vary from company to company.
2. On the first two pages, you'll be introduced to your interview: the first will show you the name of the company and position you're applying for, go ahead and select 'Continue'.
3. The next page will present a description of your interview, along with the number of questions, and types of questions included in the interview. You will also see an estimated length of time to complete the interview shown here. Select 'Continue' again to proceed to the practice questions.
4. The next screen will be present you with the Terms & Conditions. You must accept the terms and conditions in order to proceed to your interview and be able to access the practice questions. If you have any questions about the terms, we recommend contacting the company that you are applying for, as they are the ones to set these.
4. After accepting the terms and conditions, you may be presented with an intro video from the company that you've applied to. This does not mean that you've entered your interview. Go ahead and click 'Continue' once more, and you'll begin the equipment test.
5. After your camera, microphone, and connection pass the equipment test, you will see the option to Try a practice question and Or Continue without practicing. Select 'Try a practice question'.
6. On the next page, you will see a message stating how many attempts you will have for each question. This message refers specifically to your real interview questions. This is a setting that your recruiter chooses when they create the position in HireVue, and it may vary from the screenshot below. Select 'Start Practice Question'.
7. There are three generic interview questions that will cycle through as you take the practice questions. They are not specific to the position you are applying for. Practice questions can help you understand how your real interview process will be.
8. Each time you complete a practice question, you will be able to review your response. Use this opportunity to make sure the sound and video quality is good, as well as your background and lighting. You will not be able to review the real interview questions.
9. Once you feel comfortable and ready for your interview, select the option 'Start Now'.