If the interview set up or the practice questions are in the wrong language it may be due to your browser's language settings. By default, HireVue will display the pages and the practice questions in whatever language your browser is set to.
Your interview questions may be displayed in a different language; respond to the questions in the language they are written in.
Follow the steps below to change your browser's language:
1. In the top right-hand corner, click the Menu icon and select Settings in the menu that opens.
2. At the bottom of the Settings page, select Show advanced settings...
3. Scroll down to the Languages section, and select Language and input settings…
4. On the left side of the box that opens, you can adjust the priority of languages by dragging the language you want to the top.
If the language you want isn’t in the list, you can use the Add button, found at the bottom of the box to add that language, then move it to the top of the list.
5. Once you have changed the language to your preference, select Done. Close the Settings page and then reload your interview page.
1. Click on the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Select Internet options in the menu that opens.
3. Select Languages in the window that opens, found below the Appearance heading.
4. In the window that opens, you can use the Add… option to add the language you want to your list of languages. Then, you can use the Move up and Move down options to change the priority of the languages listed.
In order for your practice questions to show in your preferred language, it will need to be at the top of the language list.
5. Once you have changed the language to your preference, reload your interview page.
1. In the upper right-hand corner, select the Menu icon.
2. Select Options in the menu that opens.
3. On the left hand side of the window that opens, select Content.
4. At the bottom of the Content page, select the Choose… button under Languages.
5. Click the drop-down arrow in the Select a language to add… box to find the language you want to. Once you find it, click on the language and then hit Add to add it to the Languages list.
Next, use the Move Up button to move that language to the top of the list.
6. Once you are finished, click Ok. Close the Content page and then reload your interview page.
1. Open your System Preferences. You can do this by clicking the icon at the bottom of your screen, or searching for it it using the hourglass found at the top right corner of your screen.
2. Select Language & Region.
3. Use the plus + button and the Add option to add the language you want to the list of Preferred languages.
4. After you select a language, you will be prompted to change your preferred language to that language. Select yes.
Please note: If you only need this language for the interview, you can change this back after you complete it
5. You might need to restart your computer for the changes to fully take effect. Once you have restarted, you can go back to your interview through the link in your invitation email.
If you would like to use a different device for the interview, go to this article: How to use a mobile device for the interview.