If you see this error in the interview, first, check that you have no applications open that might be using your camera or microphone. Examples of these programs are Skype, FaceTime and WebEx.
If the issue remains after closing other running programs, follow these troubleshooting steps for Windows computer:
1. Press and hold the Windows key and R key on your keyboard at the same time.
2. In the box that opens, type devmgmt.msc and select OK.
3. In the window that opens, double-click on Imaging Devices.
4. Right-click on your camera and select Disable.
Please note: If a camera option does not appear, your computer does not have a webcam installed.
5. In the window that opens, select Yes.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Follow steps 1-3 again to access your webcam in Imaging devices.
8. Right-click on your camera and select Enable. Then try your interview again.
If the above steps do not resolve your issue, we recommend switching to another internet browser like Google Chrome or Firefox. You can also take your interview on a mobile device. Click the following link to visit our guide for help on starting your interview on a mobile device: How to use a mobile device to take the interview.