The following is a step-by-step walkthrough for joining a Live interview. For the steps to complete an On Demand interview, please check out this article. For a full list of devices you can use to access your interview, please click here.
If you'd like to join your Live interview using a mobile device, please download the HireVue for Candidates app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store before continuing.
1. Before your Live interview is scheduled to start, select the option Test your system before interviewing found in your interview invitation email. If you're using a mobile device, your interview should open automatically in the HireVue for Candidates app. If not, please enter the interview code found at the bottom of your invitation email.
2. The first page of the interview will list your name, the company, the position title, the scheduled date and time, and the estimated duration. Select Begin Setup to continue.
3. Next, you will be presented with the Terms & Conditions. You must accept these terms and conditions in order to proceed to your interview. For any questions or concerns about the terms and conditions, please contact the hiring company directly.
4. Your network connection, camera, microphone, and speaker will now be tested. To continue to your Live interview, all of your equipment must pass.
For the Speaker and Microphone portion to pass, you must record a test sound and click the Play button to hear it again.
If you're having trouble completing this system check, please check out the following articles for help troubleshooting some common issues:
Camera and Microphone Access Required Error
Live Interview Audio Troubleshooting
6. Once you've completed the system check, you're ready to join the interview! Use this screen to confirm that your network connection is strong and your camera and microphone are working as expected. You can also choose to blur the background of your video feed. Once you've confirmed everything is working correctly, click Join Interview Session.
7. In the interview lobby, you may need to wait for your interviewer(s) to join before the interview starts.
Here are some of the features you'll see in the interview platform:
- Use the Microphone button to toggle your microphone off or back on during the interview. The button will appear red with a line through it when your microphone is muted.
- Use the Camera button to toggle your camera off or back on during the interview.
- Use the Background Blur button to blur your background during the Live Interview experience.
- Use the View Options button to focus on either the individual speaking or the full gallery if there are multiple interviewers.
- Use the Screenshare button and will allow you to share your screen with your interviewer during your Live interview. Please note that you must be on a desktop or laptop to successfully utilize this feature.
- Use the Settings button to check the microphone, speakers, and camera your device is using during the interview in case you need to change sources during the interview.
Best of luck with your interview!