If you are encountering connection issues, and see the error message, Your internet connection is not fast enough for this interview or Failed to establish a network connection, follow these troubleshooting steps:
Please note: If you are on a public network, such as one in a university or work office, your connection is likely being blocked. Try switching to another network where the connection is not blocked.
Your Internet connection is not fast enough for this interview
1. Try running the test again. Sometimes minor hiccups in your connection will occur, causing you to fail the test.
2. Restart your computer.
- Often restarting your computer to re-establish the network connection will resolve the connection issues you are experiencing.
3. Restart your modem and/or router.
- To restart your modem or router, unplug the power cord from the device. Count to 10, then plug the device back in. It will take a few minutes for the device to fully power back on, once it has, attempt to run the connection test again.
4. Switch to another browser.
- Sometimes switching to another browser will resolve the connection issue. Your first browser might be blocking the connection to HireVue.
5. Test your connection on a site like speedtest.net.
If your connection is slow there as well, please try switching to a more stable connection or try again later and see if your connection has improved.
Failed to establish a network connection
1. Try running the test again. In some cases, when running the connection test, the first time it will fail.
2. Try using another browser. We recommend using Google Chrome.
3. Restart your computer.
- Sometimes restarting your computer to re-establish the network connection will resolve the connection issues you are experiencing.
If none of the above steps resolve your connection issue, you will need to switch to another network where the connection is not blocked.
We also recommend using a mobile device: How to use a mobile device to take the interview.