The following is a step-by-step walkthrough for completing an On Demand interview using a computer. If you're completing your interview using a mobile device, please see this article. If you were invited to participate in a Live interview, please see this article.
1. To open your interview, click 'Practice or Interview' in your invitation email. This option may look different depending on how your interview has been set up by the hiring company. We recommend opening your interview using Google Chrome for the best experience. For a full list of supported browsers and operating systems you can use to complete your interview, please check out this article.
2. The first page you see will walk you through the requirements of your interview,. Once you're comfortable, go ahead and click ‘Continue’.
3. In the next two pages, you'll be introduced to the elements of your interview. The first page will show you the name of the company and the title of the position you're applying for, then you'll see a description of your interview, including the number and types of questions you'll be asked to answer. You will also see an estimated length of time to complete the interview. Select 'Continue' again.
4. Next, you will be presented with the Terms & Conditions. You must accept these terms and conditions in order to proceed to your interview. For any questions or concerns about the terms and conditions, please contact the hiring company directly.
5. After accepting the terms and conditions, you may be presented with an intro video from the company that you've applied to. This does not mean that you've entered your interview. Once you've viewed the intro video, click 'Continue' to begin the equipment test. You must allow access to your device's camera and microphone in order to complete your interview.
If you have trouble granting access to your camera and microphone, check out this article.
6. Once you've completed the equipment check, you will see options to Try a practice question or Continue without practicing. We highly recommend trying a couple of practice questions until you feel comfortable with the interview process, and to make sure you are happy with the audio and video quality of your interview. If you do not see an option to practice, this indicates that your On Demand interview does not require any recorded video responses. In this case, please proceed to step 12.
For more information on practicing your interview, take a look at this article.
7. Your image and a microphone meter will appear next. At this point, you should see your image, and the mic meter should move while you talk. If you do not see yourself, or do not see the mic meter moving, then you will need to adjust either your microphone or webcam settings before you continue.
8. The next page will indicate how many attempts you will have to respond to each interview question. The number of attempts you will have is set up by the hiring company, so this screen may vary with each interview. Click Continue to proceed to the practice questions.
** Note: Practice mode will have a blue ribbon at the top that lets you know you are in practice mode. Otherwise, your screen will have an introduction to your interview and a button to Begin. If you entered the actual interview by mistake, please close the browser window and re-open your interview using the link in your invitation email.**
|PRACTICE MODE||ACTUAL INTERVIEW|
9. In Practice Mode, you will see an outlined explanation for the practice questions. When you start the interview, you will see the question listed to the left, and the prep time countdown at the top of your screen. If you do not want to wait until the prep time has ended, you may click "Start Recording." Once you've clicked "Start Recording, or once the prep time has ended, you will see a 3-second countdown, and then your recording will begin.
Please note: During the prep time, you will see the disclaimer, Not Recording.
10. During the Video Response, your answer is recorded, and you will see a response time countdown. You are not required to use the full response time; you can click Done Answering when you have completed your answer. Otherwise, your recording will automatically submit after the allotted response time has run out.
11. You can now watch your recording to check your audio/video quality and make any adjustments as needed. If you want try another practice question, click Do another practice question.
Try as many practice questions as you need. Practice responses are recorded so you can watch them, but they will not be saved. No one but you will see your practice responses.
12. When you feel ready to take the interview, select Start Now. If you'd like to return and complete the interview later, please close the browser window. You can return to practice mode or continue to your interview at any time using the link in your invitation email.
13. Once you have completed your interview, your responses will be uploaded, and the hiring company will review your submission and determine next steps in the hiring process. HireVue provides support for the interviewing platform, but we are not involved in the hiring decision or the next steps, and we will not have access to any information about your application status. Please reach out to the hiring company with any questions about the hiring process after you have completed your video interview.
Good luck with your interview!