Getting started: walkthrough
The following is a step-by-step on how to complete your OnDemand interview on your computer. If you're completing your interview on a mobile device, please see this article. If you were invited to a complete a Live interview, please see this article.
1. To access the practice questions, or begin your interview, select the option to 'Practice or Interview' from your invitation email.
Please Note: OnDemand Interviews are not able to be completed in Internet Explorer due to Flash no longer being supported. Interviews will need to be completed on Chrome, the HireVue for Candidates App, or other supported browsers like Firefox or Safari.
2. This first page will walk you through the requirements of your interview, go ahead and click ‘Continue’.
3. The next two pages, you'll be introduced to your interview: the first will show you the name of the company and position you're applying for, followed by a description of your interview, along with the number of questions, and the types of questions included in the interview. You will also see an estimated length of time to complete the interview shown here. Select 'Continue' again.
4. Next, you will be presented with the Terms & Conditions. You must accept the terms and conditions in order to proceed to your interview and be able to access the practice questions. If you have any questions about the terms, we recommend contacting the company that you are applying for, as they are the ones to set these.
For information about getting in touch with the company you’ve applied to, check out this article here.
5. After accepting the terms and conditions, you may be presented with an intro video from the company that you've applied to. This does not mean that you've entered your interview. Go ahead and click 'Continue' once more, and you'll begin the equipment test.
*Please Note: You must allow access to your Camera and Microphone in order to complete your interview.
If you have trouble granting access to your camera and microphone, check out this article here.
6. Once we have tested your camera and microphone, you will see the option to Try a practice question or Continue without practicing. We highly recommend trying a couple of practice questions until you feel comfortable with the interview process, and to make sure you are happy with the audio and video quality of your interview.
For more information on practicing your interview, take a look at this article.
7. Your image and a microphone meter will appear next. At this point, you should see your image, and the mic meter should move while you talk. If you do not see yourself, or see the mic meter moving with a blue color in it, then you will need to adjust either your microphone or webcam settings before you continue.
Check out this article for details about adjusting your microphone settings.
This article for details about camera issues during your practice questions.
8. The next step tells you how many attempts you will have to answer each question. This option can vary depending on how the company you applied to has set up the interview, so your interview may not have any retries available. Click Continue to proceed to the practice questions.
** Note: Practice mode will have a blue ribbon at the top that lets you know you are in practice mode, otherwise, your screen will have an introduction to your interview and a button to Begin. If you accidentally clicked into the actual interview, you can exit out and click on the link to start again.**
|PRACTICE MODE||ACTUAL INTERVIEW|
9. In Practice Mode, you will see an outlined explanation for the practice questions. When you start the interview, you will see the question listed to the left, the prep time count-down at the top of your screen, or an option to Start Recording next to it, if you do not want to wait until the prep time has finished. Once the prep time has finished, you will see a 3, 2, 1 to countdown to and the question will begin recording.
Please note: During the prep time, you will see the disclaimer, Not Recording.
10. During the Video Response, your answer is recorded, and the Response time will count down. You are not required to use the full response time; you can click Done Answering when you have completed your answer. Otherwise, your recording will automatically submit after the allotted Response time has run out.
11. You can now watch your practice question back and check your audio/video quality and make any adjustments as needed. If you want another practice question, select Do another practice question.
Take as many practice questions as you need. Practice questions are recorded so you can watch them, but they will not be saved. No one but you will see your practice questions. You will be unable to review your real interview questions.
Please note: If you want to practice today and start the interview another day, you can continue doing practice questions and then close the page to exit out of your interview. To access the interview again, you can follow the link in your invitation email, as you did initially.
12. When you feel ready to take the interview, select Start Now.
13. Once you complete your interview, it will be uploaded to the company's account in HireVue, for them to review, and determine next steps in the hiring process. Since HireVue only provides support for the interviewing platform, we are not involved in the hiring decision or the next steps and will not have access to any information about your application status. Please reach out to the company you applied to with any questions you have about the position once you have completed your video interview.
We hope that this has set you up for success and wish you the best of luck with your interview! Please reach out to the company you applied to with any questions you have about the position once you have completed your video interview.